As stated within the Skins section of the Appearance page, a lion's Skin refers to the colour of their nose and paw pads. Some skins are very common, while others are rare and can only be passed down through breeding.
You may be interested in seeing how you can acquire a sniffer and toe beans of your particular tone. Perhaps you may even just want to preview how a skin looks!
When breeding, each offspring of a pairing has a potential of three (or four, depending on the bases of the parents) different skin colours that it can inherit. There is a 10% chance it will inherit the father's skin, a 10% chance to inherit the mother's, and an 80% chance to inherit the skin assigned to the base it receives. If one parent has a base listed within the Breed-Only Skin Genetics section, an additional 7% chance will roll after the 10%/10%/80% chance, and if the 7% chance is successful, the cub will inherit a special, breed-only skin.
For example, an Albino-based lion with Clouded skin is bred to an Albino-based lion with Greige skin. They produce an Albino-based cub. The cub has a 10% chance to inherit Clouded skin (from Parent A), a 10% chance to inherit Greige skin (from Parent B), and an 80% chance to inherit Pink skin (the skin associated with the Albino base).
Let's now look at an example that has a chance to produce a breed-only skin. An Albino-based lion with Clouded skin is bred to an Interstellar-based lion with Greige skin. They produce an Albino-based cub. The cub has a 10% chance to inherit Clouded skin (from Parent A), a 10% chance to inherit Greige skin (from Parent B), and an 80% chance to inherit Pink skin (the skin associated with the Albino base). However, thanks to Parent B having the Interstellar base, the cub has an additional 7% chance after the previous rolls to inherit Echo skin, which only passes down from Interstellar-based parents or lions that already have Echo skin.
These skins can be found on rolled kings and NCLs. They can also be applied using a Skin Changer.
These skins are available through the customiser in the Oasis. They can also be applied using a Skin Changer.
Special NCL Skins
These skins cannot be applied using Skin Changers or any other applicators. They can only be achieved via claiming exclusive NCLs with these skins in the wild or bred down from lions with these skins.
These skins are only available by applying the respective item to your lion, or passed down from breeding.
These skins cannot be applied using Skin Changers or any other applicators. They can only appear on cubs that are bred from a parent with the skin's associated base or bred down from lions with these skins. Cubs bred from certain parents with certain bases have a 7% chance to roll a breed-only skin that matches the parent's base. This 7% chance rolls after the initial skin inheritance above, so after the 10%/10%/80% chance for the cub to get a skin tied to the base it is generated with or the skin of one of its parents.
Breed-Only Skin Genetics
The following table lists which bases can produce breed-only skins when a parent matching that base is bred.
|Bunting||Champagne, Citrine, Goldenrod, Sulphur|
|Lilac||Glass, Kunzite, Protea|
|Plum||Prismatic, Water Hyacinth|
|Quail||Buttercream, Pearl, Qahir, Teardrop|
|Sandstone||Arabica, Buff, Cameo, Flaxen|
|Welsummer||Anjeer, Sapela, Sepia, Shedua|
These genetics are separate from the above breed-only skin section. This table lists out the skins associated with each base on Lioden. These skins have an 80% chance of appearing on a cub that has the associated base, even if both parents do not have that skin.
|Apricot||Almond, Buttermilk, Cremello, Festive, Hazelnut, Hellebore, Lemon, Solaris, Sunshine, Tawny|
|Black||Aardwolf, Anubis, Augur, Black, Blood Moon, Bloodstone, Cairngorm, Chartreux, Demiurge, Duat, Ebony, Flint, Gregarious, Grullo, Haze, Incense, Interstellar, Jet, Korat, Locust, Maltese, Mudstone, Mummy, Nadir, Noctis, Obsidian, Onyx, Penumbra, Ripe, Seer, Shard, Slate, Spectre, Unholy, Velvet|
|Blue||Arctic, Aufeis, Blue Poinsettia, Celsian, Cloudburst, Cotton Candy, Ennead, Glacial, Haliotis, Hoarfrost, Ice, Nacre, Rime, Sidereal, Snowflake, Stratosphere|
|Brown||Brass, Brown, Butternut, Caramel, Copper, Dikela, Jacana, Maziwa, Mobola, Sahara, Sapela, Sienna, Supernal, Swarm, Zarasa, Zarbanu|
|Burnt||Auburn, Blazing, Bloodbourne, Chaos, Demonic, Fiery, Inferno, Prune, Redwood, Wicked, Wine|
|Butterfly||Cameo, Green, Leonid, Savannah|
|Cinder||Ember, Rough Ruby|
|Coral||Cinnabar, Luteo, Orchid, Sunglow|
|Dark||Camel, Chatoyant, Damu, Deshret, Haunted, Henna, Inpu, Labradorite, Nuummite, Scoundrel, Sha, Trophy|
|Dark Brown||Amber, Bronze, Chestnut, Chocolate, Dark Brown, Dark Golden, Dinar, Hirola, Honey, Hyena, Liver, Madagascar, Ochre, Vandal, Xanthic|
|Dudley||Ancestral, Bandit, Bast, Hematite, Kimanjano, Rhubarb, Udara|
|Dusky||Alabaster, Dawn, Glass, Haruspex, Kunzite, Prismatic, Pulsar, Temporal, Ubaste, Water Hyacinth|
|Fallow||Angelic, Apricot, Arabica, Aspen, Blonde, Bone, Cedar, Champagne, Dark Vanilla, Fulvous, Heavenly, Howlite, Jacinthe, Meteorite, Olive, Sulphur, Sunspot|
|Gray||Asiatic, Divine, Eggshell, Frostbitten, Gunmetal Gray, Moss Agate, Pewter, Platinum, Rhino, Steele, Sterling, Titanium|
|Greige||Medal, Murk, Nefer, Phantom|
|Lavender||No associated bases.|
|Marbled||Cretaceous, Hibiscus, Lilac, Medium Golden, Opal, Rhodonite, Rose Gold, Silver Gray, Zarafshan, Zarin, Zer, Zivar|
|Matte||Elysian, Majivu, Ornament, Styx, Vagabond, Wepwawet|
|Orange||Brimstone, Ducat, Gilded, Maat, Sunrise, Windfall|
|Peach||No associated bases.|
|Pink||Albino, Ardor, Azalea, Buttercream, Cherry Blossom, Fuchsia, Hexaplex, Manakbir, Maroon, Merlot, Mongoose, Moonstone, Sorrel, Sundust, Sunset, Teardrop, Wild Rose|
|Red||Anjeer, Astral, Blush Rose, Dark Fawn, Deep Fawn, Fawn, Ginger, Light Golden, Mahogany, Mauve, Pearl, Protea, Reindeer, Rosy Brown, Ruddy, Rust, Sepia, Seth, Shedua, Umber|
|Sandy||Abyssinian, Asali, Atlas, Fossil, Mulberry, Nautilus, Parhelion, Persimmon, Sandy|
|Sanguine||Black Rose, Flamingo|
|Tan||Ammonite, Beige, Celestial, Cocoa, Deira, Dove Gray, Fallow, Flaxen, Gray, Guardian, Khaki, Palomino, Pecan, Qahir, Ragdoll, Ruffian, Russet, Skyward, Smog, Soul, Tan, Ukame|
|Tawny||Buff, Bushveld, Doubloon, Dusty Rose, Goldenrod, Goridhe, Marula, Nacarat, Nudar, Ogdoad, Rufous, Saffron, Taupe, Topaz, Triumph|
|White||Antler, Argent, Ashen, Birch, Bisque, Bisquit, Citrine, Citron, Clear White, Cream, Cream Darker, Cream Lighter, Dhahabi, Dun, Dusty, Ethereal, Hallowed, Isabel, Ivory, Light Cream, Linen, Oatmeal, Silver, Skeletal, Squall, Sunflower, Vanilla, Wheaten, White, Willow|